coloringbooksblue.........

AMERICANS: We are tired of struggling in a country where we have so much, yet give our people so little. Budget cuts are being made everywhere. We are less and less: FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, it is not about the people anymore, just like T.V. isn't about Quality only ratings. This is my space, this is my quality, hopes, fears, and dreams, my stories I share with you.

Friday, December 01, 2006

Snow Has ARRIVED!

I thought maybe we were getting away from it this year. That we may have another Christmas without having to shovel, plow, or drive through the wet white, and sometimes even fluffy crap that falls. Ok, so maybe it is a little pretty, but it sure makes for a head ache when no one is planning on it. I could care a less if we had snow, really. When you are a kid it is so different. There are so many possibilities that the snow, and holidays bring. When you are a child, I find it was so much easier to relax and enjoy the holidays. Now it just seems like one big fuss over getting gifts, and trying to make time for the holiday activities. I miss so many things that have been replaced by my trying to make money for the future, like being home to bake cut-out cookies with my mom, going to my grandma's for my birthday, and christmas eve, or new years my cousin would be up from indiana where she once lived, those are the good memories that live on. The problem is as I am living the memories of now are not so nice. I mean they are ok, it's just they don't stick out in my mind as much as these ones do. I like to think that I will create new memories, but until I am able to have my own children and make memories with them, I am very doubtful this will happen. (The question is when can I do that while I am trying to get through school so I can actually support a family if and when I have one, lol.)
Every year I say I am going to try to make christmas feel like christmas, but you know what it just doesn't. It all seems so fake and pointless. The only thing I like about xmas at all is my family, seeing them that is. It's not that I don't believe in god, or the baby jesus that is all good. It's just all the other stuff surrounding it including having to work xmas eve. I know I could take it off, but I need that holiday pay for next May. It always comes down to survival. So I sigh and say maybe next year things will be differnt.
ARCADIA "It's not easy being green"-Kermit the Frog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home