coloringbooksblue.........

AMERICANS: We are tired of struggling in a country where we have so much, yet give our people so little. Budget cuts are being made everywhere. We are less and less: FOR THE PEOPLE, BY THE PEOPLE, it is not about the people anymore, just like T.V. isn't about Quality only ratings. This is my space, this is my quality, hopes, fears, and dreams, my stories I share with you.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

I"m attacking Math, it's not atttacking Me!

"Why does math seem so much better when your learning it on your own, and no one's sticking it to you?"

Ok, so I finally got my math program up and running! I am starting from the easy way up. I am not going to force myself to try to accomplish the higher levels without understanding it all as a whole. I"m using ADvantage 2006. I am starting out with the pre-algebra/basic math. I have made it up to simplifying fractions. Fractions have always been one of my many conflicts with math. I am hoping to change this. I am finally beginning to understand how to do math again. I know that it is going to get harder and rougher. It just seems so much easier to take it in chunks then be thrown in a classroom with a bunch of people who already get it. I was always the one who couldn't move on to the next step, and now I can take as much time as I need to get the concepts. My BH is helping me too.
I don't know if this means I will continue on to get that teaching degree. I do want to try. Right now I am considering getting my associates in early childhood if it is offered through NMC mostly because if I am lucky by next fall I will be considered in district which will mean a savings for me on tuition. It would be a dream come true since they keep raising it.
I figure we'll be in district for a while longer. We have a few plans for re-locating into a home, but it is going to take time. I'm hoping to be in one by the time I'm 33 so I can finally start a family. It is so scary, I do want a family, but I am scared to death about having kids. This is why I only want one. I hope by then my math is improved so I can help them. I keep praying that things will turn around for us, and somehow god will take me where I need to be.
TTFN-ARCADIA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home